Assistant GM – Head Racquets Professional
The Sports Haus – Norwalk, CT
This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional candidate with a successful track record of accomplishment, leadership, and high-quality experience in teaching racquet sports in private clubs. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a team and will have the rarely offered position of Assistant General Manager – Head Racquets Professional (AGM-HRP).
The primary focus of the role is delivering an unparalleled member experience, which is of primary importance to the social culture of the Club. The ability to consistently be forward-looking in planning, innovation, organization, teaching, and departmental leadership is the critical skill set required for success in this position. Also important is the ability to be visible and highly interactive with members and staff.
The AGM-HRP should have a desire to provide a positive and memorable experience for members and guests. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of excellent skills and racquets knowledge, leadership, and enthusiasm that is expected at The Sports Haus. He or she must understand the importance of the membership and provide courteous and timely attention to the needs of members and guests.
The AGM-HRP position is a full-time, year-round position and requires the candidate to be a visible and accessible staff member within the club. This position reports to the Chief Sports Officer and will work closely with other TSH staff members.
The Sports Haus, located in South Norwalk, Connecticut, is a brand new 35,000+ sq ft state-of-the-art facility that offers 5 indoor pádel courts, 4 indoor pickleball courts, 2 golf simulators, a cafe/bar area with tables and chairs, and various lounge areas throughout the facility. Club opening is scheduled for the end of the 2023 summer.
The Club’s Mission
- To provide a unique experience for present and future members and guests.
- To ensure that services and facilities are of the highest possible standard.
- To provide our members with excellent value for their money.
The Club’s Vision
- To become the leading multi-sport facility in the tri-state area that offers indoor pickleball, indoor padel, and golf simulators.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Teaching & Sports
- Work closely with the Director of Sports to oversee all operations of the new, state-of-the-art facility.
- Assist in developing, organizing and promoting all pickleball, padel, and golf programming including junior development, adult, summer camps and special events with the Director of Sports.
- Organize and run tournaments and events.
- Provide lessons and clinics for members and guests of the facility.
- Assist supervising the maintenance of equipment, courts and grounds.
- Lead assigned padel and pickleball lessons and clinics for members and guests.
- Supervise part-time instructors, if needed.
- Be visible to membership during peak play hours.
- Increase the number of participants in the Club’s programs through enhancing existing and/or developing new, successful programming.
- Ensure that all members receive courteous, prompt, professional attention to all their needs.
- Inspect and maintain all physical playing areas regularly.
- Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior.
- Input all information into the court management system, including court reservations, membership and player data, financial reports, and other pertinent details.
- Assist Front Desk staff and take court reservations, monitor and assign courts, collect fees and occasionally be assigned at the front desk as needed.
- Oversee pro shop operations, if applicable.
- Assist in record keeping of all payments for membership, seasonal court time, hourly rental, events, and tournaments.
- Assist in managing payment confirmations outstanding balances due and preparing monthly invoices and follow up of all outstanding payments, as needed.
- Maintain excellent and collaborative working relationships with all members of the Staff.
- Promote camaraderie and team spirit among TSH members and guests.
- Establish a leadership role with the Front Desk and part-time and hourly staff.
- Write and assist the Director of Sports on club-wide communication, such as social media posts, emails, and newsletters.
- Assist and produce media content for social media posts, emails and newsletter.
- Administer and enforce Club policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other TSH staff members on event details, calendars, closures, and any other related news as necessary.
- Take personal ownership of his or her area of responsibility, with special attention to the physical plant and overall appearance of the Club.
- Be a focused and objective evaluator of personnel, ensuring that standards of conduct and member service are met; this includes oversight of high standards of appearance, hospitality, service, and cleanliness of all facilities.
- Perform other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Act as Manager on Duty in the absence of the General Manager.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FLEXIBLE HOURS INCLUDING WEEKENDS.
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) is preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- PPR or USPTA Pickleball certification required.
- PCR or Padel MBA certification is preferred.
- USTA rating of at least 5 or college playing experience is required.
- USTA Safe-Play certification is required.
- Valid First Aid, CPR, and AED certification is preferred.
OTHER POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of teaching racquet sports experience.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to coach and direct players with positive, ethical, and approved coaching methods.
- Must be a positive and professional attitude with a high degree of integrity.
- Must have a strong work ethic and ability to handle a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Must have a strong passion and enthusiasm for all racquet sports.
- Must be proficient in padel and pickleball play, rules, and regulations.
- Must be personable and quick to establish rapport with the members through visible and outgoing outreach.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Final candidates will be subject to a full background check.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The club offers a competitive compensation package consisting of salary and lesson commissions is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Professional membership affiliations and education allowance. Additional benefits will be offered.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors
All inquiries regarding this position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.